I think very few people out there go out of their way to hurt people they know. Most times it's a misunderstanding or the person hurt is collateral damage. So if you're pissed at me, it's one of the following:
- You misunderstood what I said and I wasn't being hurtful at all.
- It's something I feel personally deeply about but it's not aimed at you.
- I did a poor job of saying it the way I meant it and gave you the wrong idea.
- The medium of choice (email, text, internet) left out inflection, tone and body language so there's no way the message was gonna get across.
- It was overheard and, therefore, out of context.
- Finally, we are out of regular touch so there's no way you can possible know exactly what I'm thinking.
Notice that NONE of the above are about being hurtful. So, if you know me, you didn't need to read the above. I go out of my way to be there for friends, 100% of the time. If you think differently, then you haven't been paying attention.
That being said, why in the world would someone decide I did something that pissed them off when we haven't spoken in a month or more, use that opportunity to digitally cut me out of their life (when we haven't spoken in a month or more), and then tell everyone "he pissed me off." Nobody cares. Nobody understands. Nobody even thinks it's realistic since they know that it's hard to piss off someone you don't see or talk to or interact with in any way.
If it was true, why not say "Dude, that was a prick move on your part." Give me a chance to explain or at least know why you feel that way. Don't be a sneak about it. Don't run off and not tell the person then bow up in front of mutual friends like you did something. Asinine behavior. Beer muscles is what it was.
Now, before you come back at me and mention my last 2 blogs that were cryptic in the same way I'm complaining about. Here's the difference, as I see it:
- I wasn't talking so much about individuals specifically as much as i was in general about the way to do things. It was allegorical.
- I don't have a beef with the people I referenced in the most recent blog. Not a huge fan of individual scenarios, but I love the folks nonetheless.
- Part of the topic was that people choose sides and walk away, leaving little recourse to share your thoughts even if you wanted to.
The funny part is that 2 blogs ago was about 2 people. One of them was linked to the situation in the last blog and is part of today's. Just goes to show that one person can do lots of damage when acting inappropriately, immaturely and irrationally.
This wasn't supposed to be about the situation. This was supposed to be about my lack of understanding as to why people cannot communicate. It's the most important thing in the world.